Sunday 28 May 2017

What a sorry looking lot!

These are the sorry looking bunch that didn't fare to well against the slimmies residing in the back garden. Rumour has it that a handful may have met a rather gruesome end once discovered, but who am I to gossip......
Anyway I have moved these to intensive care aka: the kitchen window ledge. We have here 4 cucumber plants and 2 melons. I have re-sowed a melon and 2 cucumbers as I am sure they are done for, but the other 3 seem to have new growth so fingers crossed. They will stay here during the night until they reach the 2 leaf stage and I will just pop them outside during they day to avoid having to do to much hardening off when the time comes to plant out. I wasn't very successful with cucumbers last year so I hope I can turn these around for a great harvest this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment